Wave the Wand
Your mascara can be the sole difference between you looking fab and you looking drab. Make the most of it.
False eyelashes are not for everyone. Apply them with shaky hands and you get a skewed second row of eyelashes above one eye. Drop your falsies while you are out and you will spend the next hour on all fours searching for them.
If you do not possess the steady hands of a surgeon and the patience of a saint, you can always go back to the good ol’ faithful mascara.
7 tips on getting the most out of the mascara:
- If using a lash primer, allow it to dry for about 30 seconds before applying mascara
- Dab the tip of the wand on tissue paper to remove globs that tend to form there
- Move the wand in a swift zig-zag fashion from root to tip to prevent clumping
- Coat all three sections – inner, middle and outer – of your eyelashes to flatter the shape of your eyes
- When applying more than one layer of mascara, apply on both sides before coating the next layer instead of applying multiple layers on one side and then moving on to the other
- A mascara with a bent wand is excellent for reaching the finer lashes
- Clear mascara can double up as brow gel