Photography Contest: The Spirit of Ramadhan
Your Ramadhan photographs are just waiting for you to enter this competition.
This is an invitation to all professional and amateur photographers: show the world your talent while you showcase the beauty of Islam. The 2012 International Ramadan Photography Competition (IRPC), Capture the Spirit of Ramadan is now open.
The aim of this project is to share the values and traditions of Ramadhan to the global community through pictures. Participants are invited to photograph all things related to the Holy Month. As stated on their Facebook page, pictures that depict people in prayer, holy places, mosques, iftar and sahur foods, family gatherings, or inspiring natural beauty and landscapes taken during Ramadhan.
Share the values and traditions of Ramadhan to the global community through pictures
Submissions should be made by email to IRPC.email@example.com along with their captions and technical information. Each photographer may send up to three photos per day during the month of Ramadhan. Qualifying photos will be loaded by the organiser within 48 hours to the Facebook page, which also provides these details:
- A panel of international artists and photography experts will choose three winners from the top 100 photos based on the following criteria: Impact and Message, Creativity, Photographic Quality and Technical Expertise
- Winners will be awarded cash prizes totalling US$4,100 and have their photos published on the competition website as well as in affiliated media
- There will also be three Viewers’ Choice winners whose photos have the most ’Likes‘ on the Facebook page, as well as two honourable mentions, although no prizes will be awarded to the latter
- The Viewer’s Choice winners will each be awarded US$200
- Winners of the competition will be chosen on or around September 30th, 2012, and will be notified via Facebook and email
This competition is open to all photographers around the world over the age of 18, and here is the competition FAQ (PDF).
Updated on the 23rd of July, 1144h (GMT +8): References to main sponsor and total prizes in USD.
Daring Dressers in Iraq Clash with Tradition in Global Snapshots
Art Exhibition Pays Tribute to Malala Yousafzai in Global Snapshots
‘Hijabi Monologues’ Takes to the Stage in Ireland in Global Snapshots
An-Nisa Verse Displayed at Harvard University in Global Snapshots
Teen Activist Shot in Pakistan in Global Snapshots
Saudi Women Athletes May Compete in the Olympics in Global Snapshots