Master the Golden 10 rules of makeup application for a more beautiful you!
- Wait for 5 to 10 minutes before applying makeup on skin that has been washed and moisturised. This will help the makeup to set better
- Mineral makeup allows the skin to breathe and less makeup is needed
- Don’t know where to apply the blush? Smile and apply the blush with the blush brush in circular motion over the apples of your cheeks
- Warm the eyelash curler for it to be more effective. You can dip it in hot water or put it between hair iron, but ensure that it is cool enough to touch before using it on your eyelashes
- Apply two layers of mascara for more emphasis
- Clear smudges with cotton swab dipped in makeup remover
- Twist the mascara wand in its tube to coat the brush with more mascara. Do not pump the wand as it causes air to get trapped in the tube, causing the mascara to dry up
- Rub lips with damp washcloth for about 1 minute before applying lipstick to get smooth, soft lips
- Avoid lipsticks with orange tint as it makes your teeth appear yellow
- For more lasting lip colour, apply a layer of lipstick and blot it before applying a second layer
The most important tip of all: Practise makes perfect.