‘Tis a great season of the year for hijabis to get extra stylish. YazTheSpaz shares some of her essential autumn fashion tips.
1 of 7
Autumn has arrived!
What are you going to be wearing as the weather starts to change and the leaves start to fall?
Here in Miami, autumn isn’t as chilly as it is in places farther north. In North Carolina, the changing colours in the trees and mountains and the cooler air are telltale signs of winter approaching. Nevertheless, I still manage to pull out my autumn favourites and rock them everywhere I go!
What are the fashion trends of the season really going to be this year?
Colours that are in this autumn are bold reds, black and white, burgundy, rust (burnt orange) and even greys! During this time of the year, I like to start putting away my summery bright colours and tops, and begin bringing out my warm turtlenecks, cozy sweaters and closed-toe shoes.
For women of all shapes, sizes, ages and backgrounds, these tips apply to you! I would like to share with you my ‘Autumn Must-Haves’:
- Let’s start off with a nice product that eliminates shine and absorbs oil. Peter Thomas Roth has a really good one that I recently stated using: Clini-Matte all-day oil control and SPF 20. It’s great for protecting the skin and also for giving it that smooth, even flawless, matte finish. During this time of year, depending on where you live, you might need a product like this. In other areas of the world that are extra cold, a good oil-free moisturiser is needed. I’d recommend any Eucerin skincare product.
- A nice bold lip colour is a must. Let your face go bare and enjoy the beautiful weather while still managing to put a kick of colour on your face. The newest additions to my lipstick collection are Lancôme’s ‘Rouge in Love’ lip colours in bright rosy pink and deep warm red. They are perfect for both hijabis and non-hijabis alike!
- If you crave coloured pants or skirts, I would recommend getting colours such as black, burnt orange, red, navy blue, burgundy and grey. These are some colours that will be standing out this season and will definitely be part of my wardrobe. The good thing about these colours is that they can all match with each other!
- Pull out those boots and closed-toe shoes. Pair them with a pair of nice skinny pants and a long top!
- Scarves and shawls – whether worn on your head or around your neck – are a must! Now is the time to rock those thick pashmina scarves and cozy cashmere shawls.
- Sweaters and turtlenecks are the perfect touch to any outfit. As a hijabi, turtlenecks make things super easy for me by covering my neck with minimal effort!
This is definitely the season to be covered. Take advantage of being extra stylish, extra covered and extra warm!